Sunday, August 13, 2006

Step 1: FREE from fossil fuels


I bought this little darling -- an electric moped -- for $150 on eBay to lessen my reliance on gasoline after watching "Who Killed the Electric Car," an excellent movie that totally pissed me off.  Now I view every every exahust pipe I see as being no different than a cigarette -- I hate both with a passion for polluting the air we breathe.  

As soon as my helmet arrives, I will be taking my scooter to work and back, 6 miles each way, leaving my 1995 Nissan Pathfinder at home whenever I can.  Currently I use my electric scooter for errands around the neighborhood, visiting friends in the  area and getting to local fesitvals and events.  I can park it wherever you can park a bike -- thus freeing me further from expensive parking fees in San Diego.

Here are the Sunbird's specs:
  • Motor Power: 250W
  • Body Material: ABS
  • First and Second Battery: 36V, 12Ah and 36V 7Ah
  • Life of Battery: Above 300 Cycles
  • Charger: 110V, 60HZ, and UL Approved
  • Charging Time: 6 - 8 hours
  • Distance: Up to 45 miles with pedal assist
  • Rated Top Speed: Up to 18 MPH
  • Max capacity: 250 Pounds
  • Wheel: 18" aluminum
  • Color: Titanium


It finally came!  My awesome yellow and silver (to match my Sunbird scooter, below) Corona scooter helmet:  


Snagged it for $45 (inciuding shipping) on eBay, all the way from Japan.  
It's cool because it has a faceplate that flips up, but also the whole front portion flips up, 
so you can talk or eat or whatever without taking the whole thing off. 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home